Welcome to Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials GmbH!
We are pleased that you visit our website and thank you for your interest in our company, our services and our websites.
Data privacy notice according to GDPR
Protecting our customers and employees personal data is of high priority for us. The use of our websites is possible without submitting any personal data. In case you would like to use special services of our company on our website, we might have to process your personal data. If processing of personal data is required, we will make sure to get the permission of the data subject.
The processing of personal data, for example name, address, e-mail-address or telephone number of a data subject, always happens in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation and in accordance to the valid national data protection regulations. This data privacy notice informs the public about the way, the scope, and the purpose of both raised and used personal data. Furthermore, data subjects are informed about their rights by this data privacy statement.
Being controller for processing data, we have set a number of technical and organisational measures to give you the best protection of your personal data possible. Nevertheless, data communication via internet can be unsafe, so we cannot guarantee complete protection. Every data subject may send personal data using alternative ways, for example by telephone.
Below we have compiled and structured comprehensive information for you. If you should miss some information or if some points are unclear, you can contact the responsible place or our Data Protection Officer.
- Collecting general data
- Analysis tool / Tracking tool
- Contact form and contact via e-mail
- Data protection in job applications and during the application process
- External links
- Data subjects' rights
- Legal basis processing
- Justified interests
- Duration of storage
- Other regulations
- Automatic decision-making
- Texts, pictures, graphics
- Sources for pictures and graphics used
- Consumer information in accordance with regulation (EU) No. 524/2013
- Dispute settlement proceedings (§ 36 VSBG)
Controller according to the General Data Protection Regulation and according to other valid data protection set of laws of a respective member state of the European Union is:
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials GmbH
represented by its Managing Directors:
Matthias Lübbering · Stefan Willing
Max-Planck-Straße 7 - 11 · 48691 Vreden · Germany
tel. +49 4770 80 80 03 217
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org · internet: www.carbonxt.de
2. Collecting general data
Our company’s website collects a series of general data and information each time the website is accessed by an affected person or an automated system.
These general data and information are saved in the logfiles of the server. Following data may be recorded
- Browser types and versions used
- System and operating system used
- The website which allows access to our website (so-called referrers)
- Subwebsites, which are accessed via an accessing system on our website
- Date and time of access
- The internet service provider of the accessing system
- Other similar data and information that can protect our company in case of attacks on our information technology systems.
By using these general data and information we do not draw a conclusion to the data subject. We need this information for the following reasons:
- to show the correct content on our website
- to improve the content on our website and advertising if necessary
- to ensure permanent viability of our website and our information technology systems and
- to support the prosecuting authorities in case of a cybercrime to allocate the necessary information.
We collect data and information anonymously in order to evaluate these statistically and to increase the data integrity in our company, to get the best possible protection for the used personal data. The anonymous data of the server log files are saved separately from all personal data.
You can adjust your browser so that is informs you about the placement of cookies so that you can decide to accept them each time or you can bar them generally. In case of strict non-acceptance of cookies you may not be able to use our website fully.
4. Analysis tool / tracking tool
We use the following tracking-measures on base of the Article 6 section 1 Sentence 1 letter f GDPR. They help us to create an individual design and ensure a continuous improvement of our website. Furthermore, we use tracking measures in order to measure utilization of our website statistically and to evaluate these data in order to improve our offer for you. These interests are justified in terms of the aforementioned provision.
a) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type and browser version,
- actual operating system used,
- uniform resource locator,
- referrer uniform resource locator (the site you visited before),
- hostname of the grabbing computer (IP-address),
- time of server request,
will generally be sent and saved to a Google-server in the USA. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to create reports of the website activities, and to provide further services associated with website and internet usage for the purpose of market research and tailoring these websites to the needs of users. If necessary this information might be sent to a third party, in case this is dictated by law, or a third party needs to process them in order to fulfil the order. In no way will your IP-address be connected with other Google data.
The anonymisation of the IP-address on this website is active, so that your IP-address will be shortened by Google inside the European Union or in other contract states of the European economic zone. Only in exceptional cases your complete IP-address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and be shortened there.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the website operator. The IP address provided by your browser will not be merged with other Google data.
You can avoid saving of cookies by configurating your browser software; we point out that you may not be able to use all functions of this website if you do so. You can avoid the acquisition of data through cookies concerning your use of the website by Google by downloading and installing the following browser-plug-in:
Alternatively, you can install an opt-out-cookie. This will avoid collecting your data in the future, whenever you visit a website. To deactivate online-tracking, your browser has to allow installing cookies for these websites. If it is not possible to deactivate online-tracking, check out your browser configurations.
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We use Google conversion tracking to generate statistics about the use of our website and to improve our website for you. If you reached our website through Google, a Google ad, Google adwords will set a cookie on your computer.
These cookies will not be active after 30 days and they cannot be used for personal identification anymore. If you visit specific sites on the website and the cookie has not expired, Google and us will be able to see that you clicked the ad and got redirected to this site.
Every adwords customer receives a different cookie. Consequently, cookies can´t be monitored on websites of adwords customers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for adwords customers who have decided for conversion tracking. We get to know about the number of users who clicked the ad and got linked to another site that is connected with a conversion tracking tag. However, we do not receive any information that allows us to identify users personally.
In case you do not want to take part in the tracking-procedure you can decline the necessary setting of a cookie by configurating your browser, so that the automatic setting of cookies is deactivated in general. You may also deactivate cookies by configurating your browser to block cookies for the domain www.googleadservices.com. You can find the privacy instructions of conversion-tracking when clicking the following link:
5. Contact form and contact via e-mail
Based on legal regulations, our website contains information that allows for direct electronic contact to our company as well as direct communication with us, this involves a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail-address).
In case a data subject gets in contact with the controller via contact form or directly via e-mail, personal data of the data subject will automatically be saved.
Personal data, transferred voluntarily, are saved for the use of handling the enquiry or getting in contact with the concerned person. Therefore, it might be necessary to redirect your request to another enterprise that is affiliated to Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials GmbH as well as to transfer your personal data to a third party such as our distribution partner Marubeni ltd.
6. Data protection in job applications and during the application process
We collect and process personal data of applicants for the purpose of carrying out the application process. Processing can also be done electronically. This is particularly the case if an applicant submits corresponding application documents by electronic means, for example by e-mail.
If we conclude a contract of employment with an applicant, the transmitted data will be stored for the purpose of the employment relationship in compliance with the legal requirements. If no contract of employment is concluded with the applicant, the application data submitted in the context of the online application will be deleted in accordance with the respective applicable statutory provisions, at the latest after a storage period of 12 months, provided that deletion does not conflict with any other legitimate interest. Other legitimate interest in this sense, for example, is a burden of proof in a procedure under the Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz (German General Equal Treatment Act, [AGG]). The lawfulness of this data processing is based on Article 6 section 1 letter b GDPR.
For specific inquiries and orders we work together with an external distribution company (Marubeni Europe plc). In this context, we process the data in accordance with the GDPR as jointly responsible (Art. 26, GDPR).
The responsibilities and obbligations for data protection are distributed as follows:
8. External links
You can find links on our website, which redirect you to the websites of external parties. If this is not obvious we will point out you that there is an external link. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials GmbH has no influence as to other website providers´ content and design.
The respective operators are responsible for their websites. The provider has reviewed the external links and contents for statutory violation upon the first linking. At that point in time no statutory violations were evident. The provider has no influence on the actual and future configuration and the content of linked websites. The setting of external links does not mean that the provider adopts the content behind the referral or the link. A constant control of external links is not reasonable for the provider without concrete evidence of legal violations. If we find out about statutory violation, such external links are deleted immediately.
9. Data subjects' rights
You have the right:
- to obtain information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you have the right to obtain information on purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing of your personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing, the existence of a the right to to lodge a complaint, where the personal data are not collected by us, any available information as to their source, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- to obtain from us the rectification of your inaccurate personal data without undue delay, in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR,
- to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data, except where the processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR;
- to obtain from us restriction of the processing of your personal data, in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need these in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to obtain your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person, in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the processing based on this consent for the future and, in accordance with Art. 7 section 3 GDPR, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority, in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters.
10. Legal basis processing
Article 6 section 1 letter a GDPR serves as legal basis for our processing operations in which we obtain consent to the processing for one specific purpose.
If processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party for example, in processing operations necessary for the supply of goods or the provision of any other service or consideration, processing shall be based on Article 6 section 1 letter b GDPR.
The same applies to processing operations that are necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, for example in cases of inquiries regarding our products or services.
If our company is subject to comply with a legal obligation which requires the processing of personal data, such as the fulfilment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 section 1 letter c GDPR.
In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be required to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor to our premises was injured and his or her name, age, health insurance or other vital information would have to be passed on to a doctor, hospital or other third party. In that case, the processing would be based on Article 6 section 1 letter d GDPR.
Ultimately, processing operations could be based on Article 6 section 1 letter f GDPR. On this legal basis, processing operations that are not covered by any of the above legal bases are required if processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. Such processing operations are particularly allowed to us because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. In that regard, it considered that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the data subject is a customer of the controller (recital 47, second sentence, GDPR).
11. Justified interests
If the processing of personal data is based on Article 6 section1 letter f of the GDPR, our legitimate interest is to carry out our business for the benefit of all our employees and our shareholders.
12. Duration of storage
The criterion for the duration of the storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After the deadline, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, if they are no longer required to fulfil the contract or to initiate a contract.
13. Other regulations
We clarify that the provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or may arise from contractual arrangements (e.g. details of the contracting party). Occasionally it may be necessary for a contract to be concluded that an affected person provides us with personal data that must subsequently be processed by us. For example, the data subject is required to provide us with personal information when our company enters into a contract with them. Failure to provide the personal data would lead to the fact that the contract with the data subject could not be concluded. Prior to any personal data being provided by the data subject, the data subject must contact one of our employees. Our employee will inform the individual on a case-by-case basis whether the provision of the personal data is required by law or contract or is required for the conclusion of the contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data and the consequences of the non-provision of the personal data.
14. Automatic decision-making
We inform you, that we renounce on automatic decision-making and profiling.
15. Texts, pictures, graphics
All texts, pictures, graphics, audio, video and animation files as well as their arrangements are subject to copyright and other laws for the protection of intellectual property. No part of the content of this website may be copied, modified or reproduced or used on other web sites or printed publications without the written permission of the operator for trading or distribution purposes. Some operators' websites also contain material that is subject to the copyright of those who provided it.
16. Sources for pictures and graphics used
Sources for pictures and graphics you will find on the page IMPRINT.
17. Consumer information in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 524/2013
The EU Commission offers the possibility of online dispute resolution (ODR) on an online platform and operates this ODR platform. This platform can be reached via the external link https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
18. Dispute settlement proceedings (§ 36 VSBG)
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials GmbH will not take part in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board within the meaning of the Verbraucherstreitbeilegungsgesetz (German Act on Alternative Dispute Resolution in Consumer Matters, [VSBG]) and is not obliged to do so.
Status: January 21, 2021
Due to current circumstances, such as change of relevant data protection regulations, we will update this privacy statement, if necessary.